Vacancy: Claims and Contracts Executive, Skuld Offshore
Skuld Offshore's Claims and Contracts team is looking for a Senior Claims and Contracts Executive to be based in London or Oslo. We are searching for candidates who can work independently and with a commercial mindset to service our offshore clients operating globally.
Overall responsibilities for the role
- Handle the expanding workload together with the contracts and claims team in Offshore
- Have a good and clear understanding of the offshore industry
- Provide overall claims handling in accordance with Claims Guidelines and routines
- Take strong initiative in claims handling processes and be considered a role model for less experienced colleagues
- Contribute to an open, friendly and trusting working environment
- Build strong relationship with Members and Brokers
- Promote Skuld in the market and partake in marketing efforts. Participate in Skuld seminars, gatherings and events
- Contribute with articles, bulletins, circulars etc. for marketing and loss prevention purposes
- Continuously monitor claims and operational performance of Clients under his/her responsibility and ensure effective reporting of relevant and useful information to Head of Business Unit, Head of Claims and Contracts and the Underwriting team
Expected skills and competences
- A law degree and at least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the global offshore and shipping industry insurance market
- Ability to lead work of high complexity with minimum supervision, and with thorough knowledge within at least one subject area
- Good communication skills – internally and externally – verbal and written
- Language skills – English on high level, fluent in speaking and writing
Living our values, you are:
- Accurate – you never compromise on precision, reliability and quality
- Bold – you take part in transforming our industry to future challenges
- Caring – you care for our customers, our people and our business
- Dedicated – you go the extra mile and are a good Skuld ambassador
We can offer:
We offer an international and challenging position with excellent opportunities for work and personal development and with competitive benefits.
This is an opportunity to join a diversified marine insurer. Through our marine insurance platforms of Skuld P&I, Skuld Marine Agency and Skuld 1897, a syndicate at Lloyd's, Skuld caters to the needs of shipowners, the offshore and energy sector, charterers and traders, ports and terminals, cargo and the superyacht community.
Skuld has a strong financial position and around 270 highly skilled employees worldwide with offices in Oslo, Bergen, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, New York, Piraeus and Singapore.
For more information about the role, please contact SVP Head of Skuld Offshore Christofer Kobro or VP, Head of Claims and Contracts Offshore Zoe Benfold.
Please send your application and CV to Erik Myrind.
Application deadline is 29 April 2018.