Vacancy: Claims Executive – Skuld Hong Kong
Application deadline 15 July 2018
With further diversification into new products and markets, and our commitment to ensure new generation competence, we are currently seeking a dedicated Claims Executive for our Business Unit Skuld Hong Kong. As a Claims Executive in Skuld Hong Kong you will provide overall claims handling for our members in accordance with Skuld's values, vision and strategy.
- Overall claims handling within all aspects of P&I operations in accordance with Claims Guidelines and routines
- Actively seek guidance from more senior colleagues
- Build strong relationships with Members and Brokers
- Promote Skuld in the market and partake in marketing efforts. Participate in Skuld seminars, gatherings and events when appropriate
- Contribute with articles, circulars etc. for marketing and loss prevention purposes, when required
- Contribute to an open, friendly and trusting working environment
- Continuously monitor claims and operational performance of Members and Clients under his/her responsibility
- Work in compliance with current policies, instructions and guidelines in Skuld
Expected skills and competences
- An English Qualified Solicitor or barrister with 4 years plus post qualification experience gained either at a law form dealing with shipping or at a P&I Club or within Industry
- Good communication skills – internally and externally – verbal and written
- Language skills – English fluent in speaking and writing
- Is expected to take responsibility for a specific portfolio of members.
- Is expected to actively seek guidance from more senior personnel
- Willing and able to embody our values (Accurate, Bold, Caring and Dedicated) in everything we do:
A. Have high professional competence
A. Deliver accurately and on time
A. Perform according to set goals, both quantitative and qualitative
B. Take initiative and be self-driven
B. Be solution oriented
B. Think innovative and show an ability to change
C. Be a team player with a good attitude towards colleagues
C. Share and spread knowledge
C. Contribute professionally beyond expected role and responsibility
D. Be member-oriented
D. Be a good ambassador for Skuld
D. Put in an extra effort when needed
We can offer
We offer an international and challenging position with excellent opportunities for work and personal development and with competitive benefits.
This is an opportunity to join a diversified marine insurer. Through our marine insurance platforms of Skuld P&I, Skuld Marine Agency and Skuld 1897, a syndicate at Lloyd's, Skuld caters to the needs of shipowners, the offshore and energy sector, charterers and traders, ports and terminals, cargo and the superyacht community.
Skuld has a strong financial position and around 270 highly skilled employees worldwide with offices in Oslo, Bergen, Bermuda, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, New York, Piraeus and Singapore.
For further details, please contact SVP Deputy Head of Skuld Hong Kong, Nicola Mason.
Please send your application and CV to Hilde Torp by 15 July 2018.