Vacancy: Senior Claims Executive, Skuld Oslo 1
Skuld is currently seeking a Senior Claims Executive (Lawyer) for our Oslo 1 business unit. In this role, you will handle claims and provide legal advice within all aspects of P&I and FDD operations. You will work closely with our Members and manage your own cases with a high degree of autonomy, together with a very competent claims team.
- Provide high quality assistance and clear legal advice to Members and Clients, and manage their claims efficiently
- Ensure prompt response to Members and Clients on Business Unit P&I and Defence matters
- Take strong initiative in claims handling processes and be considered a role model for less experienced colleagues
- Build strong relationship with Members, Clients and Brokers
- Promote Skuld in the market and partake in marketing efforts. Actively participate in Skuld seminars, gatherings and events
- Help ensure cost-efficient FDD claims handling
- Contribute with articles, bulletins, circulars etc. for marketing and loss prevention purposes
- Stay up to date on legal developments
Qualifications and qualities
- Law Degree and legal qualification in English law or another relevant jurisdiction
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience from a law firm, P&I Club and/or shipping company
- Ability to lead work of high complexity, and with deep knowledge within several subject areas
- Can be considered a role model within your own area of expertise and can thereby coach colleagues
- Excellent English communication skills - verbal and written
Living our values, you are:
- Accurate – you never compromise on precision, reliability and quality
- Bold – you take part in transforming our industry to future challenges
- Caring – you care for our customers, our people and our business
- Dedicated – you go the extra mile and are a good Skuld ambassador
We can offer:
We offer an international and challenging position with excellent opportunities for work and personal development and with competitive benefits.
This is an opportunity to join a diversified marine insurer. Through our marine insurance platforms of Skuld P&I, Skuld Marine Agency and Skuld 1897, a syndicate at Lloyd's, Skuld caters to the needs of shipowners, the offshore and energy sector, charterers and traders, ports and terminals, cargo and the superyacht community.
Skuld has a strong financial position and around 270 highly skilled employees worldwide with offices in Oslo, Bergen, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, New York, Piraeus and Singapore.
Please send your application and CV in English, by e-mail to Erik Myrind by 22 April 2018.