Application deadline: 30 April 2017
With our commitment to provide excellent service and competence to our Members and Clients, we are now seeking a dedicated Assistant Vice President - Claims for our business unit in Copenhagen
This is an important senior role in the Skuld Copenhagen Business Unit and you will provide overall claims handling and legal advice to key Members and Clients within all aspects of P&I and FDD operations, with a specific focus on FDD.
- Provide high quality assistance and clear legal advice to Members and Clients, and to manage their claims efficiently
- Offer support and assistance in cases of high complexity or large exposure
- Build strong relationship with Members, Clients and Brokers
- Actively coach and train less senior Claims Handlers
- Promote Skuld in the market and partake in marketing efforts.
- Actively participate in Skuld seminars, gatherings and events
- Suggest and initiate measures designed to increase cost-efficiency in FDD claims handling
- Contribute with articles, bulletins, circulars etc. for marketing and loss prevention purposes
- Stay up to date on legal developments
- Ensure prompt response to Members and Clients on Business Unit P&I and Defence matters
- Provide general legal assistance to the Business Unit (underwriting – f.ex. clauses and contracts – and claims)
Qualifications and qualities
- Higher education and 7-9 years of relevant work experience from a law firm, P&I Club and/or shipping company
- Law Degree and legal qualification in a relevant jurisdiction, preferably English Qualified Solicitor
- Ability to lead work of high complexity, and has deep knowledge within several subject areas
- Can be considered a role model within their own area of expertise and can thereby coach colleagues
- Excellent English communication skills - verbal and written
Living our values, you are:
Accurate – you never compromise on precision, reliability and quality
Bold – you take part in transforming our industry to future challenges
Caring – you care for our customers, our people and our business
Dedicated – you go the extra mile and are a good Skuld ambassador
We can offer:
An international and challenging position with excellent opportunities for work and personal development and competitive benefits. Some business travel will be required.
This is an opportunity to join a diversified marine insurer. Skuld offers a wide range of marine insurance products through Skuld P&I, Skuld Marine Agency and Skuld 1897, a syndicate at Lloyd's.
Skuld has a strong financial position and around 260 highly skilled employees worldwide with offices in Oslo, Bergen, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, New York, Piraeus and Singapore.
For questions, please contact SVP Head of Skuld Copenhagen Krester Krøger Kjær ().
Please send your application and CV in English, by e-mail to by 30 April 2017.
Please visit www.skuld.com for further details.