We are currently seeking a Claims Executive (Lawyer) for our Skuld Oslo 2 business unit. In this role in you will handle claims and provide legal advice within all aspects of P&I and FDD operations. You will work closely with our Members and manage your own cases with a high degree of autonomy, supported by a very competent claims team.
- Provide high quality assistance and clear legal advice to Members and Clients, and manage their claims efficiently
- Offer support and assistance in cases of high complexity or large exposure
- Build strong relationship with Members, Clients and Brokers
- Promote Skuld in the market and partake in marketing efforts. Actively participate in Skuld seminars, gatherings and events
- Suggest and initiate measures designed to increase cost-efficiency in FDD claims handling
- Contribute with articles, bulletins, circulars etc. for marketing and loss prevention purposes
- Stay up to date on legal developments
- Ensure prompt response to Members and Clients on Business Unit P&I and Defence matters
- Provide general legal assistance to the Business Unit (underwriting – for ex. clauses and contracts – and claims)
Qualifications and qualities
- Law Degree and legal qualification in a relevant jurisdiction, English or Common Law Qualified Solicitor
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience from a law firm, P&I Club and/or shipping company
- Ability to lead work of high complexity, and has deep knowledge within several
- Can be considered a role model within their own area of expertise and can thereby coach colleagues
- Excellent English communication skills - verbal and written
Living our values, you are:
- Accurate – you never compromise on precision, reliability and quality
- Bold – you take part in transforming our industry to future challenges
- Caring – you care for our customers, our people and our business
- Dedicated – you go the extra mile and are a good Skuld ambassador
We can offer:
We offer an international and challenging position with excellent opportunities for work and personal development and with competitive benefits.
This is an opportunity to join a diversified marine insurer. Through our marine insurance platforms of Skuld P&I, Skuld Marine Agency and Skuld 1897, a syndicate at Lloyd’s, Skuld caters to the needs of shipowners, the offshore and energy sector, charterers and traders, ports and terminals, cargo and the superyacht community.
Skuld has a strong financial position and around 270 highly skilled employees worldwide with offices in Oslo, Bergen, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, New York, Piraeus and Singapore.
For further details, please visit www.skuld.com.
Please send your application and CV in English, by e-mail to by 18 February 2018.