Application deadline 25 February 2018
We are looking for a new Corporate Legal Counsel to further strengthen our corporate legal team based at our head office in Oslo. In this role you will support a global organisation and provide corporate legal advice to management, business units and staff at all Skuld offices on a wide variety of legal topics.
You will be part of the corporate legal team and report directly to the General Counsel in Oslo.
- Give accurate and timely legal advice to the organisation
- Ensure compliance with all current legislation and reporting obligations
- Work proactively to promote improvements to key processes involving compliance and other legal matters
- Review and draft company contracts
- Inform and educate colleagues on important legal developments
- Provide advice on legal relations between Assuranceforeningen Skuld and its subsidiaries, affiliated companies and branch offices
- Provide advice on corporate structure
- Assist with documentation for the Board and other governing bodies
- Submit filings to Norwegian FSA or other local financial supervisory authorities, in respect of authorisations, approvals of company actions and general compliance
- Provide advice on tax regulations applicable to Skuld entities
- Answer consultation papers on changes in Norwegian legislation
- Support sanctions compliance
Qualifications and qualities
- Law degree (Master of Law or similar)
- 5-7 years' relevant work experience within insurance, finance or from a law firm
- Experience within insurance regulation - Norwegian and international
- Extensive knowledge of Norwegian Company law and Act on Financial Undertakings
- Ability to work and thrive in an international environment
- A flexible attitude and willingness to take on a wide range of assignments, and solve these with minimum supervision
- Interest and ability to learn and acquire new knowledge
- Ability to find sound solutions with a commercial perspective
- Good Norwegian and English communication skills – verbal and written
Living our values, you are:
- Accurate – you never compromise on precision, reliability and quality
- Bold – you take part in transforming our industry to future challenges
- Caring – you care for our customers, our people and our business
- Dedicated – you go the extra mile and are a good Skuld ambassador
We can offer:
We offer an international and challenging position with excellent opportunities for work and personal development and with competitive benefits.
Through our marine insurance platforms of Skuld P&I, Skuld Marine Agency and Skuld 1897, a syndicate at Lloyd’s, Skuld caters to the needs of shipowners, the offshore and energy sector, charterers and traders, ports and terminals, cargo and the superyacht community.
Skuld has a strong financial position and around 270 highly skilled employees worldwide with offices in Oslo, Bergen, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, New York, Piraeus and Singapore.
For further details, please contact Corporate Legal Counsel Hilde Løvskar.
Please send your application and CV in English, by e-mail to Hilde Torp by 25 February 2018.