Application deadline 1 December 2017
We can provide an opportunity to advance your maritime career with a leading maritime insurance provider. As a Maritime Trainee in Skuld, your training will have specific focus on handling claims, casualty response, ship technical issues and loss prevention. Through the programme you will acquire in-depth knowledge of Skuld's business and operation and work within a broad range of areas.
You will give our customers valuable claims handling support and take part in further developing Skuld's claims and loss prevention activities.
You will be based in Skuld's main office in Oslo and you will report to the Claims Managent Team. During the Maritime Trainee programme you will also be assigned to one of our offices abroad. The Maritime Trainee programme will last for 18 months, and you will subsequently continue in a suitable position within the Skuld organisation.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Participate in developing and implementing Skuld's claims strategy and activities
- Handle claims within Skuld's broad range of marine insurance products
- Promote Skuld's claims, loss prevention and casualty response activities in the market and partake in marketing efforts
- Contribute with articles, bulletins, circulars etc. for loss prevention purposes
- Contribute to an open, friendly and trusting working environment
Qualifications and qualities:
- Nautical, Engineering or Legal degree at Master level
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Capacity to take on a heavy work load and work efficiently under pressure
- High degree of initiative, service orientation, flexibility and creativity
Living our values, you are:
- Accurate – you never compromise on precision, reliability and quality
- Bold – you take part in transforming our industry to future challenges
- Caring – you care for our customers, our people and our business
- Dedicated – you go the extra mile and are a good Skuld ambassador
We can offer:
We offer an international and challenging position with excellent opportunities for work and personal development and with competitive benefits.
This is an opportunity to join a diversified marine insurer. Through our main marine insurance platforms of Skuld P&I, Skuld Marine Agency and Skuld 1897, a syndicate at Lloyd's, Skuld caters the needs of shipowners, the offshore and energy sector, charterers and traders, ports and terminals, cargo and the superyacht community.
Skuld has a strong financial position and around 260 highly skilled employees worldwide with offices in Oslo, Bergen, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, New York, Piraeus and Singapore. For more information about the Maritime Trainee programme and to apply, please visit this link.
Deadline to apply 1 December 2017.