Application deadline 31 July 2017
Skuld's strategy rests on innovation and growth. With further diversification into new product areas and our commitment to provide excellent service and competence to our Members and Clients, we are seeking a Senior Claims Executive for our business unit Oslo 1.
In this key role you will provide overall claims handling and legal advice with focus on all aspects of P&I and FDD operations.
- Provide high quality assistance and clear legal advice to Members and Clients, and to manage their claims efficiently
- Offer support and assistance in cases of high complexity or large exposure
- Build strong relationships with Members, Clients and Brokers
- Promote Skuld in the market and partake in marketing efforts. Actively participate in Skuld seminars, gatherings and events.
- Suggest and initiate measures designed to increase cost-efficiency in FDD claims handling
- Contribute with articles, bulletins, circulars etc. for marketing and loss prevention purposes
- Stay up to date on legal developments
- Ensure prompt response to Members and Clients on Business Unit P&I and FDD matters
- Provide general legal assistance to the Business Unit (underwriting – e.g. review clauses and contracts)
- International travelling can be expected
Qualifications and qualities
- Higher education and minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience from a law firm, P&I Club and/or shipping company
- Law degree and legal qualification in a relevant jurisdiction
- Ability to lead work of high complexity, and has deep knowledge within several subject areas
- Can be considered a role model within their own area of expertise and can thereby coach colleagues
- Ability to take on high volume of work, and always revert to customers in writing
- Be a team player within the group
- Excellent English communication skills - verbal and written
Living our values, you are:
- Accurate – you never compromise on precision, reliability and quality
- Bold – you take part in transforming our industry to future challenges
- Caring – you care for our customers, our people and our business
- Dedicated – you go the extra mile and are a good Skuld ambassador
We can offer:
An international and challenging position with excellent opportunities for work and personal development and with competitive benefits.
This is an opportunity to join a diversified marine insurer. Through our main marine insurance platforms of Skuld P&I, Skuld Marine Agency and Skuld 1897, a syndicate at Lloyd's, Skuld caters the needs of shipowners, the offshore and energy sector, charterers and traders, ports and terminals, cargo and the superyacht community.
Skuld has a strong financial position and around 255 highly skilled employees worldwide with offices in Oslo, Bergen, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, New York, Piraeus and Singapore.
Please send your application and CV in English, by e-mail to Leng Lundemo by 31 July 2017.