Application deadline 17 December 2017
With further diversification into new products and markets and our commitment to ensure new generation competence, we are currently seeking a dedicated Claims Executive for our business unit Skuld Oslo 1. As a Claims Executive in Skuld Oslo 1 you will provide overall claims handling for our members and clients in accordance with Skuld's values, vision and strategy.
- Overall claims handling within all aspects of P&I operations in accordance with current policies, instructions and guidelines in Skuld
- Actively seek guidance from more senior colleagues
- Build strong relationships with members, clients and brokers
- Promote Skuld in the market and partake in marketing efforts
- Participate in Skuld seminars, gatherings and events, when appropriate
- Contribute with articles, circulars etc. for marketing and loss prevention purposes, when required
- Contribute to an open, friendly and trusting working environment
- Continuously monitor claims and operational performance of members and assureds under his/her responsibility
Qualifications and qualities
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant higher education within maritime law
- Relevant work experience and knowledge of or experience with the US legal system will be an advantage for the position
- Strong English communication skills – internally and externally – verbal and written
- Ability to take responsibility for a specific area (e.g. portfolio of members/project)
- Interest and willingness to work independently and acquire necessary skills to develop within the role as a claims handler
- Will be a team player in the business unit and interact positively with claims and underwriting in the business unit
- Will actively seek guidance from more senior personnel
- Willing and able to embody our values (Accurate, Bold, Caring and Dedicated) in everything we do:
A. Have high professional competence
A. Deliver accurately and on time
A. Perform according to set goals, both quantitative and qualitative
B. Take initiative and be self-driven
B. Be solution oriented
B. Think innovative and show an ability to change
C. Be a team player with a good attitude towards colleagues
C. Share and spread knowledge
C. Contribute professionally beyond expected role and responsibility
D. Be member-oriented
D. Be a good ambassador for Skuld
D. Put in an extra effort when needed
We can offer:
We offer an international and challenging position with excellent opportunities for work and personal development and with competitive benefits.
This is an opportunity to join a diversified marine insurer. Through our marine insurance platforms of Skuld P&I, Skuld Marine Agency and Skuld 1897, a syndicate at Lloyd's, Skuld caters to the needs of shipowners, the offshore and energy sector, charterers and traders, ports and terminals, cargo and the superyacht community.
Skuld has a strong financial position and around 270 highly skilled employees worldwide with offices in Oslo, Bergen, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, New York, Piraeus and Singapore.
For further details, please contact SVP, Head of Skuld Oslo 1 Simone Ingeberg.
Please send your application and CV in English, by e-mail to Nora Evensen by 17 December 2017.