Skuld Offshore is looking to fill a challenging position as Technical Manager in a growing team of professionals. The successful candidate will be commercially minded, and support Skuld Offshore's global underwriting and claims team by assessing operational, technical and project related risks. You will also monitor a large portfolio of vessels and mobile offshore units servicing the global offshore market.
Skuld Offshore provides tailored liability insurance covers to operators and contractors in the O&G sector as well as offshore renewables. The position will be based in Skuld's headquarter Oslo, however, the candidate will work closely with team members based in Skuld's other offices, primarily London and Singapore.
As Technical Manager in Skuld Offshore you will have responsibility for:
- Perform overall technical risk management of the offshore portfolio
- Assist Underwriters during the pre-risk phase
- Participate in Skuld's Casualty Response team and generally support the claims team
- Perform and organise surveys, operational assessments and monitor technical and operational performance of members and clients
- Build strong relationships with members and brokers
- Promote Skuld in the market and participate in Skuld seminars, gatherings and events
- Contribute with articles, bulletins, circulars etc. for marketing and loss prevention purposes
- Business travel will be required
The responsibilities and authorities of the role will be tailored depending on qualification and experience, giving the successful candidate the opportunity to make this new role his/her own.
Qualifications and qualities:
- Previous experience from the offshore industry (drilling, production, construction, supply), including mobile offshore units and offshore support vessels is required
- Experience as HSEQ, Offshore Project Management, Superintendent, Class or flag state Surveyor, Hull & Machinery Surveyor, P&I Surveyor or similar is preferred
- Has the commitment to make sure the job gets done based on our company culture
- Able to present and market to an audience
- Be considered a role model within his/her own area of expertise and can thereby guide/train colleagues
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken
Living our values, you are:
- Accurate – you never compromise on precision, reliability and quality
- Bold – you take part in transforming our industry to future challenges
- Caring – you care for our customers, our people and our business
- Dedicated – you go the extra mile and are a good Skuld ambassador
We can offer:
We offer an international and challenging position with excellent opportunities for work and personal development and with competitive benefits.
This is an opportunity to join a diversified marine insurer. Through our marine insurance platforms Skuld P&I, Skuld Marine Agency and Skuld 1897, a syndicate at Lloyd's, Skuld caters to the needs of shipowners, the offshore and energy sector, charterers and traders, ports and terminals, cargo and the superyacht community.
Skuld has a strong financial position and around 270 highly skilled employees worldwide with offices in Oslo, Bergen, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, New York, Piraeus and Singapore.
For further details, please contact global head of Offshore, Christofer Kobro , Head of Technical Management Knut Drabløs or visit www.skuld.com
Please send your application and CV in English, by e-mail to by 1 December 2017.