Application deadline 28 May 2017
Would you like to work in an international company with assessing and monitoring marine risks?
Skuld is seeking a dedicated candidate for the position as Technical Manager. The successful candidate will be part of our Technical Management team, and work close to a Business unit consisting of underwriters and claims handlers. The position will be based at our head office in Oslo, Norway.
Skuld's Technical Management team assists members and clients as well as Skuld's claims handlers in maritime technical, nautical and cargo matters and is an important contributor to Skuld's knowledge sharing. The team provides guidance regarding cargo, maritime technical and nautical issues to help our members and clients prevent claims before they happen.
As Technical Manager in Skuld, you will:
- Perform overall technical risk management, provide technical services and claims handling in accordance with Skuld's Vision, Mission and Strategy
- Perform and organise surveys, operational assessments and follow up Port State Control detentions of vessels and members
- Continuously monitor technical and operational performance of members under your responsibility and ensure effective reporting
- Build strong relationships with members, clients and brokers
- Build strong relationships internally in Skuld, share knowledge and provide technical support to claims handlers and underwriters
- Promote Skuld in the market and partake in marketing efforts. Participate in Skuld seminars, gatherings and events.
- Contribute with articles, bulletins, circulars etc. for marketing and loss prevention purposes
- Business travel will be required
The responsibilities and authorities of the role can to some extent be tailored to the person coming into this role, giving the successful candidate the opportunity to make this new role his/her own.
Qualifications and qualities
- Previous experience from dry cargo, bulk cargo, container, different codes and regulations for these types of cargo
- Minimum five years of relevant experience, where sailing experience as Master Mariner or Marine Engineer would be preferable
- Experience as Operator, Cargo surveyor, Specialist in cargo handling, P&I or similar is a desired value
- Has the commitment to make sure the job gets done within our company culture
- Ability to professionally represent Skuld towards members and clients
- Ability to effectively share his/her knowledge with the rest of the organization and our members/clients
- Will be considered a role model within his/her own area of expertise and can thereby guide/train colleagues
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken
Living our values, you are:
- Accurate – you never compromise on precision, reliability and quality
- Bold – you take part in transforming our industry to future challenges
- Caring – you care for our customers, our people and our business
- Dedicated – you go the extra mile and are a good Skuld ambassador
We can offer:
An international and challenging position with excellent opportunities for work and personal development and competitive benefits. Some business travel will be required.
This is an opportunity to join a diversified marine insurer. Skuld offers a wide range of marine insurance products through Skuld P&I, Skuld Marine Agency and Skuld 1897, a syndicate at Lloyd's.
Skuld has a strong financial position and around 260 highly skilled employees worldwide with offices in Oslo, Bergen, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, New York, Piraeus and Singapore.
For further details, please contact Knut Drabløs or visit www.skuld.com.
Please send your application and CV in English, by e-mail to Erik Myrind by 28 May 2017.