Skuld 1897 at Lloyd's underwrites a broad range of physical damage and liability products. Skuld 1897 can now offer a combined product to cater for the sophisticated technical needs of the Ports and Terminals industry. Founded in 1897, Skuld is a leading protection and Indemnity (P&I) insurer to shipowners and charterers.
- Worldwide All Risks, Business Interruption and Liability cover for: port authorities, container terminals, dry and liquid bulk terminals, stevedores, marinas, etc
- Multi-section policy, with the option to purchase coverage individually or in combination
- Tailored underwriting and pricing based on expert technical evaluation of the operation, the type and value of equipment and the geographical location
- A+ rated Lloyd's security (Standard & Poor's)
- All Risks – to marine property and/or handling equipment
- Business Interruption/Increased Cost of Working - following physical loss, port or berth blockage, vessel impact etc
- Cargo Liability – loss of/damage to cargo in the client's care custody or control
- Third Party Liability – in respect of legal and/or contractual liability
- Professional Liability - for negligent acts, errors or omissions
- Fines & Penalties - imposed by Authorities
TYPES OF PROPERTY
- Port infrastructure (quays, docks, berths, breakwaters, hard standing etc.)
- Port buildings (warehouses, offices, gates, control towers etc)
- Handling equipment (gantry cranes, ship loaders, straddle carriers, forklifts etc)
Skuld has been at the forefront of innovation within the marine insurance industry since 1897, when the company was the first P&I Association to be founded outside of London (Oslo, Norway).
Our employees come from diverse backgrounds – underwriting and claims handling in both the London and international insurance markets; dedicated contract lawyers; buyers of marine and energy insurance; project and technical risk management in the marine and offshore energy industries. Together we offer our clients technical knowledge, fresh insight and partnership.