Skuld is a leading marine and energy insurer and Skuld 1897, our syndicate at Lloyd's, offers specialist coverage to the offshore contracting arena.
Skuld 1897 underwrites a broad range of physical damage and liability products. We offer a unique product to cater for the sophisticated technical needs of the subsea and offshore industry.
- Worldwide all risks cover for subsea and offshore equipment, whether owned or operated
- Equipment is covered whilst in store, at exhibitions, in transit and whilst
- both topside and subsea
- Third party general liability coverage available
- Additional coverage provided includes
- Search And Rescue
- Removal of Wreck
- Collision Liability
- Redeployment Costs
- Loss of Revenue
- Tailored underwriting based on expert technical evaluation of the operation, the type and value of equipment and the geographical location
- A+ rated security (Standard & Poor's)
Types of equipment
- Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs)
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs)
- Trenchers and Ploughs
- Air and Saturation Diving Systems
- Diving bells and Hyperbaric chambers
- Oceanographic survey equipment
- Seismic survey equipment
- General Oil / Gas Equipment whilst operating offshore
- Geotechnical / Geophysical Equipment
- Fixed equipment on vessels or offshore units such as cranes, A-frames and related items
Skuld has been at the forefront of innovation within the marine insurance industry since 1897, when the company was the ﬁrst P&I Association to be founded outside of London (Oslo, Norway).
In the early 1970s, Skuld was one of the ﬁrst providers of specialist insurance covers to offshore contractors operating in the North Sea.Our employees come from diverse backgrounds – underwriting and claims handling in both the London and international insurance markets; dedicated contract lawyers; buyers of marine and energy insurance; project and technical risk management in the offshore oil and gas industry. Together we offer our clients technical knowledge, fresh insight and partnership.